What are clip-in hair extensions?
These are temporary hair extensions which are pre-clipped pieces of hair which you apply around the head to create a bigger and fuller look. T
hey come in a strand of contoured pieces attached at the base with either fabric or silicone.
What you have to do is clip these pieces to your natural hair and you are good to go.
You can easily do this on your own instead of looking for a stylist. The clips snap open and close easily when pressed.
Advantages of clip-in hair extensions
- They are temporary hair extensions hence can be removed with ease and put them back whenever you feel like.
- They are least damaging since they do not require any heat, chemicals and pressure or installation methods. This is why they are the most popular hair extensions.
- They are the fastest to put on, takes you close to ten of fifteen minutes and you are done.
- clip in extensions cost less expensive and time-consuming frequent trips to the salon. You can simply work on them on your own at home. Best of all, you can take them in and out whenever you want to change your look.
- These are the best hair extensions and a perfect solution for an easy and quick change of hairstyles. You can easily take them off.
Treatment of clip-in hair extensions
To ensure a long-lasting hair extension, proper maintenance needs to be done.
You ought to treat your extensions the same way you do to your natural hair.
The following ways are ideal in treating and maintaining hair extensions;
- Brush or comb them daily to avoid tangling. While combing, start from the edges as you proceed upwards. Do not run the comb from top to bottom at once. You will destroy the extensions. It is recommended that you use a wide-toothed brush to comb them. Remove tough knots gently to avoid damaging the extensions.
- Use shampoos and conditioners to clean or wash them. This ensures a long lasting extension. Gently immerse the extension in water while holding the top part. Work the shampoo into the hair and rub your fingers through it gently. Apply conditioners or any hair treatments generously from top to bottom as you massage.
- It is important to style your extensions. Clip-in hair extensions can be styled just like your natural hair. You can curl them, straighten them, dye or even heat-style. However, remember to set low heat during heat-styling. However, dyeing your extensions can alter its quality slightly but this should not worry you. Always have a professional stylist who has experience in coloring the hair. If not, you can do a test strand where you apply dye to a small section of the hair.
- Other maintenance methods include; Wear hair extensions in a ponytail if they are made to be worn so. Be careful to read the instructions on the extension labels. If they indicate ponytail style, then do it. If they do not, then don’t spoil them.
- Cover your head with a sleeping cap before going to bed. This helps protect the extensions frizzy or tugged out while sleeping. If you do not cover your head while in bed, they will loosen as you move around in your sleep and will not last long.
How long do clip-in extensions last?
This solemnly depends on how you maintain them, how often you where them and the products you apply on them.
With proper maintenance, clip-in extensions do last for six months to one year. If not taken good care of, they won’t last for more than two months.
Clip-ins are the low commitment to choice.
They are stitched and precut into various lengths with clips applied. These extensions are popular because you can install and remove them by yourself easily.
The temporary nature of clip-ins is the most beneficial thing.
In case of any emergencies, you can quickly put them on and leave the house without any difficulties.
You can style them in whatever way you want to attain the desired volume.
However, you should never wear clip-ins for so long. The weft and lip’s weight may damage your scalp. Similarly, you should not wear them in bed.
If you are looking forward to trying clip in hair extensions we can help you take your hair game to another level.
P.S Check out our Remy Indian clip in human hair extensions, you will love them!