Whether you are suffering from hair loss or you want to have a change in your normal look, hair extensions are the best solution to that. They give you a fuller look on your hair, whether wavy or curly. So there is no reason for people to think it isn’t real. They last longer since they are made from silicone-free and virgin hair.
Types of hair extensions
- Micro link/ micro bead/ loop hair extensions- applied by looping the extension through natural hair and clamping it with a pair of pliers and a metal bead to finish.
- Weave hair extensions- natural hair is braided into a corn row and the extensions are attached using a needle and a thread of cotton.
- Tape hair extensions- they are pre-taped then sandwiched on either side of your own natural hair.
- Fusion hair extensions- they are bonded or attached to natural hair using adhesives such as glue and keratin.
Benefits of hair extensions
- Hair extensions to provide protection to your natural hair from harsh products used in styling. This improves the appeal of the hair. Natural hair is difficult to maintain and expensive too. This is why most ladies opt for extensions.
- They also enhance beauty in such a way that you can style them in whichever way you want. You can curl, straighten or make them wavy.
- It is easy to install them and make them invisible. You won’t have to spend hours at a salon trying to get your hair done.
- Helps get rid of daily hair issues such as split ends when combing the natural hair and the monotonous daily natural hair style.
- Hair extensions give you much confidence for that important interview, meeting, speech or social event.
Maintenance of hair extensions
To ensure long lasting extensions, proper maintenance needs to be done. You ought to treat your extensions the same way you do to your natural hair. The following ways are ideal in treating and maintaining hair extensions;
Treat them like your own natural hair
If you have a sewn extension, try washing it with your natural hair in the shower. Be gentle to avoid loosening them. If you are too rough, they will loosen and will not last long. Use moisturizer shampoos for them to last long. Glued and clipped extensions should not be washed together with natural hair. They should be detached.
Use sulfate-free shampoos
Although sulfates are good cleaning detergents, they can clean out natural oils found in the hair that are meant to offer protection. These extensions do not have supply of natural oils as your natural hair so sulfate shampoos will destroy them. sulfates can cause split ends to form on your hair extensions and can also make your hair to look dry or frizzy for a long time.
Apply hair conditioners
Conditioners give your hair back its body. Each strand of hair has a cuticle responsible for hair protection and reflects sunshine which makes your hair to shine. This is the solid reason why conditioners are important. During the wash, make sure the conditioner reaches the roots of your hair.
Wash your extension three to four times a week
Do not wash hair extensions on a daily basis. Just like normal hair, they will dry out. How often you should wash your extensions depends on its thickness, oil content and the products used on them. If you have thick, dry hair, there is no need to wash it often as someone with thin, oily hair.
Dry your hair
Make sure you straighten or blow-dry your hair before going to bed. If you go to bed with wet extensions, it will form tangles. If you decide to plait your natural hair before putting on an extension, make sure it is completely dry before attaching the extension. Otherwise, you are likely to develop mildew and/ or awful odor. To dry your hair well, sit under a dryer. The amount of time you will spend under a dryer will depend on the volume of your hair and the intensity of the extension.
Comb the hair extensions
First, make sure the extensions are dry before combing. Use a wide-toothed comb. Start by combing the ends first as you move upwards. If you have a synthetic hair extension, do not use the same comb as that of your natural hair. Your natural hair contains oils which may destroy the extension.
Heat-style the extensions
Avoid heat-styling (straightening and curling) synthetic hair extensions. They are prone to melting. For natural hair extensions, use sprays and low temperatures while heat-styling.
The Bottom Line
It can be so frustrating to identify the best hair extension in the market. Not any more in Las Vegas, as Knock Out Virgin Hair has brought you quality and affordable hair extensions at your doorstep. What are you even waiting for, visit their website at https://www.kovhbabe.com/ and make your order today.