It is always a lot of fun to undertake a hair makeover, especially when the makeover includes getting all new and voluminous tresses that are stylish and perfect for an outing! However, it may seem like these makeovers can only be undertaken if you have a great amount of commitment to your styles. We are here to tell you that you can create a more textured, layered, and voluminous style without the commitment or the long hours at the salon!
The solution we are talking about is the use of Clip-in and Tape-in hair extensions! These hair extensions are endless cornucopias of style ideas. From coloring to trimming and styling, there is little that these hair extensions cannot withstand. Of course, this only applies to extensions made out of 100% real and raw human hair. Let's take a look at the options!
What is a Clip In Hair Extension?
Clip-in hair extensions are exactly what they sound like. They are hair extensions that can be clipped on and off your hair within a matter of minutes. These extensions come in a range of colors and tones and very easily can be styled on a whim. They blend with your natural hair perfectly and don't need a stylist to install them.
Clip-in hair extensions are recommended to be used by beginners as they are so simple to use and so difficult to mess up. The clips ins do not cause any damage to your hair at all. They are not chemically treated, do not need any bonding, sticking or treatments to be installed. They are simply one clip away from being in your hair – making them the best for last-minute plans that need to be accounted for!
Pros of a Clip In Hair Extension
- These extensions are very easy to install and remove
- Clip In hair extensions do not need a stylist to help in installing or removing them, though you can go to one
- These extensions cause no damage at all to your natural hair, and can easily be taken out before you sleep to save you the trouble
- Clip In hair extensions are reusable as many times as the hair does not fray and break off and are very durable
Cons of a Clip In Hair Extension
- Sleeping with clip in hair extensions is a sure shot recipe for hair breakage and damage
- These can also cause damage if left in your hair while washing them
- Clip-in hair extensions can sometimes get tangled into the hair and cause pain and annoyance
- Keeping a clip in hair extension in your hair for a long period means added stress on your roots, making them weak
What is a Tape-In Hair Extension?
Tape in hair extensions is hair extensions that are attached to a medical and industrial grade tape, which can be stuck close to the roots of your hair to add volume as well as length. These extensions need very little maintenance and are an instant and lasting solution to your hair issues. These extensions are so secure that they are guaranteed to remain intact in their place unless you remove them. They do not cause any damage to your hair, unless they are removed in a harsh manner, ripping out some of your roots.
Tape in hair extensions needs to be placed very close to the scalp like all other hair extensions. However, the unique selling point of these extensions is the fact that there are no bumps or chances of the extension showing in your hair at all.
Pros of Tape-In Hair Extensions
- They can be installed very quickly by a stylist
- They sustain almost no damage to your natural hair or the roots
- Tape in hair extensions look extremely natural and have almost no problem staying in your hair
- The cost for tape-in extensions is very low and one purchase can last you for almost two years
Cons of Tape-In Hair Extensions
- These are not made for long term wear and need to be taken out every four to six weeks
- They need a stylist to install these extensions
- With the tape in hair extensions, you will require maintenance and adjustments
- When using tape in hair extensions, you will no longer be able to shampoo your hair often. You will have to use dry shampoo on most days and wash only when necessary.
We hope that this clear cut, no-nonsense take on clip in hair extensions and tape in hair extensions gives all our readers some clarity as to what they want to try!