If you are unfamiliar with the term microbead, you may have heard about micro link extensions or ITIPS extensions. These three processes are essentially the same. When you look at the stars, out and about in their daily lives, and their ever-changing hair, you will realize that this cannot be their natural hair growth. You would be correct to think that because a growing number of people in the fashion and entertainment industry are using hair extensions to style their looks to perfection. If you have thin hair, or are losing hair, but want more for your mane, you would go in for hair extensions.
Now glue-in or tape-in hair extensions are too temporary, while wigs, weaves, and lace fronts are all too much work. You may think you have no other options, but ITips, UTips, and other such hair extensions come to the rescue.
What are ITips Micro Bead Hair Extensions?
These are hair extensions that are made of 100% virgin and natural human hair. REMY hair means that the hair is unprocessed human hair, which has been extracted so that the cuticle of the hair is still attached to it. REMY hair is known to blend with natural hair perfectly and look a lot more natural than synthetic hair wigs or extensions could. They are absolutely silicone-free hair extensions, which are attached to your hair with the help of a hooking tool and a micro-link or bead. This is where the name comes from.
Microbead hair extensions come in a range of colors and textures to suit different hair types and can be dyed with your natural hair. These extensions can also be washed, styled, and cut to suit your look.
Microbead hair extensions are installed in the following manner:
- Strands of your natural hair are picked after consultation with the stylist, and the hair hooking tool is used to pull the strand through a microbead or link.
- The REMY hair extensions are then taken, and with the adhesive side up, they are placed in the microbead.
- Once settled, hair pliers are used to flatten the bead close to your scalp so that it does not show.
How long do Micro Bead Hair Extensions last?
Microbead hair extensions can last up to 6-8 weeks.
After this, your hair grows out and the extensions slide farther from the root of the hair. At this point, you will need to see your stylist again and have the beads readjusted closer to the scalp. If the hair is left in too long, the microbead falls out with the hair. Once installed, it has to be removed by the stylist.
These kinds of extensions can be reused for about two years if not processed with your natural hair, and if processed, they can be replaced in a year. This means that you will have to take care of the extensions as it was your natural hair. Microbead hair extensions can be washed and shampooed as you would naturally, but no conditioner must be used near the link. If the conditioner gets into the link, it will slide off or come loose.
In contrast, these extensions blend in and are virtually undetectable.
Pros and Cons of Micro Bead Hair Extensions
- Looks absolutely natural
- Can add volume as well as length to your hair
- Can be readjusted, and does not need to be renewed for 8 weeks at a time
- Contains natural hair which can be processed well
- The hair can be styled normally, even with heated styling tools
- No bonnet is needed. You can sleep, swim, and style as normal
- The micro bead hair extensions can come out if loose and if conditioner gets into the link
- You cannot install or extract these without a stylist
- It is expensive as you may need more than one pack of extensions and links, plus installation costs
- You cannot brush your hair as before and must brush the hair below the micro links separately from the top
Well, there you have it. The pros of these extensions weigh out the cons for us – but now it is time for you to choose!