Microbead hair extensions are synonymous with the famous Itips hair extensions. These are hair extensions that are made of 100% real virgin human hair. This hair is completely unprocessed and natural REMY hair, meaning that the hair has been extracted in a way that preserves the hair cuticle. These hair extensions are perfect for anyone as they come in a range of textures, colors, and lengths.
Microbead hair extensions are some of the best solutions for women who have scalp issues, baldness, or alopecia. These are also made for women who have thin and stringy hair. So essentially, the microbead or micro link extensions can be used for increasing the length of your hair, as well as the thickness and volume of it. The major difference between these hair extensions and Utip extensions is that no heat needs to be used on the hair at all when installing micro bead extensions, as no bonding needs to be done at all.
How to Apply for Microbead Hair Extensions
The first thing to know when going in for micro bead hair extensions is that you will have to have a stylist install the extensions for you. You will need to purchase the hair extensions and microbeads yourself in case your stylist is not qualified to install these. Typically, for someone with an average volume in their hair, you will require two packs of extensions, and two packs of links or beads to be used to install the extensions.
These procedures take between 45 minutes to an hour to install depending on your volume needed and the speed of the stylist. These extensions can be left in for 6-8 weeks and can be reused for about a year.
- Once your hair is cleaned and dried, it is sectioned off and the stylist chooses which part of your scalp needs the volume the most.
- After this, the stylist picks the hair strands through a microbead with a hair hooking tool, and then adds the extension into the link.
- A pair of hair pliers is used to then flatten the microbead near your scalp. This keeps the extensions in place and looks natural growing out.
- Every 6-8 weeks, you will need to go to your stylist for a refreshment, which is to push the microbead back towards your scalp for a seamless finish.
You must remember not to apply hair conditioner into the links as this causes them to get loose. A great caution to take would also be in the way you brush your hair. Do not use a brush or comb near the area where the extensions are attached.
How to care for micro bead hair extensions:
When purchasing such extensions and having them installed, you must know that you will have to maintain them a lot to keep them in use for a year. Here are some ways you can take care of your micro bead hair extensions:
- You are advised to shampoo your hair as usual, but not condition near the roots at all.
- You must brush your hair in sections, avoiding any extensions that may come loose.
- You must make sure to only process the hair judiciously as it does have a shelf life.
- The hair can be styled like natural hair, but heat protectant must be used at all times when using heated tools.
- When you take these extensions off, keep them in a way that prevents them from being tangled up together.
- Trim the extensions from below when it becomes slightly brittle to give it a more natural look.
- Always dry your micro link hair extensions before sleeping, or the beads are likely to come loose.
- Though it is not mandated, you can use a silk bonnet on your hair for the first few days of having the microbeads put in.
Overall, these micro bead hair extensions are wonders in the world of fashion and are your answer to lesser looking hair. This quick remedy solution is a bit costlier than expected, but the results are long term, and the beauty of the look is to die for. Check out knockoutvirginhair.com for the best deals on microbead and micro link hair extensions!