Before you say bon voyage, check out nine celebrity looks that get our style stamp of approval. Then experiment until you find a few you love.
February means black history month, cuffing season is winding down, and, spring break is right around the corner. Spring break is a time that college students get a tiny taste of what summer break will entail. This week is for fun in the sun or binge watching Netflix without having to worry about waking up for an 8am the next day. However you decide to spend your spring break, it’s salient that you do it in style! Here are six hairstyles that are perfect for whatever you might be planning to do during your spring break vacation!
We know that Kim K got people out here thinking these braids are called “Bo Derek” braids (there not!). Or that she invented them (she didn’t). Fulani braids have been around for centuries and are an amazing protective style. These braids are also perfect if you’re planning on being on a beach somewhere this spring break. They’ll look amazing in any bathing-suite and will have your Instagram followers going crazy over your new look.
Jumbo Senegalese Twist
If you’re planning on having an active spring break (hiking, building homes for charity, working-out) then I’d highly suggest jumbo Senegalese twist. This hair style is great for someone who plans on having a active spring break because the twist are light weight and can easily be put up into a bun or pony tail.
If you’re considering doing the big chop, spring break is the perfect time to cut your hair! This week off will allow you the opportunity to cut your hair at home in peace. Also, this time give you a week to get use to the change before showcasing it off to the school.
I don’t care if you’re going to be on a beach in Spain this spring break or chill’n at home…you can’t go wrong with cornrows! Cornrows are perfect for anything and everything your break might throw at you. This style is timeless and will have you ready for any occasion.
Short Faux Locs
Faux locs are another style that’s perfect for an active spring break. This style is great if you know you will be on-the-go a lot and won’t have time to mess with you hair.
Crown braids are great for anyone planning on having a family orientated spring break! This hairstyle is cute and easy to do. Also, it will look great in any photos that are taken during your family time.
Natural Hair Styles For Spring Breaks
If you’re planning to escape for spring break, then you’re probably checking the off boxes on your to-do list before you set sail or take flight. You’ve confirmed your reservations, planned a week of Instagram worthy #OOTDs, and have even stocked up on travel-friendly beauty essentials.
Now that the easy task is taken care of, it’s time for the hard part — choosing your hairstyle. With less than ample room in our Calpaks for stowing away styling tools, this proves to be no easy feat for women with kinky curly hair.
Fortunately, protective styles like braids and twist are a practical way to tame our natural tresses while we travel and Instagram is crawling with inspiration.
We’ve rounded up a few of our favorite looks to get you ready for spring break.
- These gorgeous braids with beads and cowrie shells have us ready to jet-set to somewhere tropical.
- Goddess locs are pretty low maintenance and guaranteed to have you all smiles during your travels abroad.
- If you don’t want weighty braids, crochet braids are a great alternative.
- Box braids are our signature vacation hairstyle.
- Faux locs will keep your strands intact through spring break and beyond.
- Rope twist are one of our vacation favorites.
- This braided undercut is super fly.
- If the humidity is no issue when this is your ‘fro goals.
- We love this wet and wavy bob.
- Sew in wefts of heat free hair to achieve a voluminous look that won’t fall flat.
- Bantu knots are a hassle-free way to style your strands.
- Channel your inner Beyoncé with flawless lemonade braids.
- Cornrows are a foolproof way to keep your strands from sticking to your face while in warm climates.
I hope this article ease the struggle of finding a suitable spring break hairstyle.