How to Ace Braiding Hair with Extensions
Hair extensions are one of the most beautiful possessions a woman can own. It enhances her beauty in a jiffy. Amongst the different hairstyles that one can make using hair extensions, one that often tops the list is braiding. However, braiding using hair extensions takes some practice and that’s all that is needed to become an expert.
Raw Indian hair extensions by Knockout Virgin Hair are some of the best in the market. They help create stunning hairstyles including braids.
Tips for Braiding Hair with Hair Extensions
Get rid of any tangles or knots by brushing your hair properly before you tie your hair into a braid. Remove all frizz by applying hair oil or texturizing spray so that the hair is kept together when sectioning or braiding. Keep the flyaways in place by using a hair spray.
Things You Will Need:
- Rattail comb for parting
- Texturizing wave spray
- Wide-tooth comb or paddle brush
Doing a Basic Three-Strand Braid with Extensions:
A basic three-strand braid can easily be created by following the steps mentioned below:
- Begin by creating three even sections of hair. This can be done either by pulling all of your hair down or on the side if you wish to create a side braid.
- Take the right or left out of the three strands and place it over and across the mid strand. This makes the taken strand come to the middle position.
- Repeat the same step with the other side ( left or right ). Alternate between pulling the left and right strand across and over the middle section!
- Secure the braids with elastic once you are done braiding the entire length of your hair.
- Flatten any flyaways that you might see and use a hair spray to secure the braid in place.
For pigtail braids, the parting should be in the middle starling from the front hairline to the nape of your neck. Each side can then be braided with the help of the steps mentioned above.
Doing a French Braid with Extensions:
A French braid consists of three strands taken from a small section of the head and threads from either side. The three strands have more hair threads joining from the sides as you work your way down the head.
Your raw hair extensions must be vertically installed on either side of the middle parting when creating a single French braid. Here are the steps to follow:
- Beginning at the front hairline, three small strands must be created right at the hairline.
- Braid the taken strands using the first two steps mentioned in the steps for creating three-strand braid. Once one round of braiding is done, take a small thread of hair from either of the sides and combine it with the left or right strand. The same section must be brought over and across the middle strand.
- Repeat the same with the left side. Grab a small thread of hair and combine it with the left strand, pulling the strand over and across the mid strand.
- Keep repeating the same steps across the entire length of the ponytail. Secure the end with elastic when all the hair has been braided.
- If you are fond of a thicker look, pull the sections to make it look more voluminous.
- Set using a hairspray.
Doing a Fishtail Braid with Extensions:
A fishtail braid comprises of just two strands of hair instead of three. Let’s look at the steps:
- Once you have your extensions on, divide your hair into two sections. This can be either on one side or straight down the back.
- Take a small section of hair from either the left or right side and combine it with the other side.
- Repeat the same step with the other side. Take a small section and combine.
- Follow the same process all the way down across the entire length of hair.
- Secure the braid with the help of elastic.
Choose Raw Human Hair Extensions For The Best Braid Styles:
For creating the most beautiful and natural-looking braids, it’s best to opt for 100% raw human hair extensions. They are healthy, voluminous, and do not tangle or knot much. Choose from a wide range of options available at Knockout Virgin Hair.