What Is The Difference Between Virgin Hair and Raw Hair?
As the popularity and demand for hair extensions grow, there has been a raised awareness among consumers who are keen on knowing about the options available to them. With the market being replete with options ranging from wigs, bundles to virgin hair and raw hair, etc., it’s often difficult to establish what’s best. Whether you are a novice or a connoisseur of extensions, there are a few fundamentals that you must know to make a better choice.
With impressive innovations in the hair extensions industry, today you don’t have to worry about hair inadequacy. Besides choosing the right hair type, it’s also equally important to choose the right dealer. We at Knockout Virgin Hair keep quality as our topmost priority and believe in retaining customers for long which is possible only through good service. Let’s understand the difference between virgin and raw hair:
What is Raw Hair?
Raw hair is completely unprocessed hair sourced from one donor. Not only has it ever undergone chemically processing but has also never had heat applied to it. It’s in its most natural state and is the highest quality hair available in the market. Being 100% natural and long-lasting, it acts like your own natural hair and blends well with all hair types.
Raw Hair features:
- The hair comes from the same donor
- Premium quality
- 100% human hair
- Hair that has not been altered in any way by chemical treatment or steam.
- The cuticle is aligned
- Raw hair is 100% unprocessed Hair
- There are 3 basic textures: straight, wavy, and curly
What is Virgin Hair?
Virgin hair is chemically unprocessed raw human hair, which has been collected from a single donor. It is not altered by any perms, dyes, bleaches or harsh washes. All its cuticles move in the same direction and are intact.
In other words, virgin hair refers to hair extensions that haven’t been chemically processed. It’s okay to refer to it as steamed hair. One can find many different styles of virgin hair, made possible by steaming. These include natural straight, waves, kinky curly, curly, Malaysian deep wave, and more.
The most popular types of virgin hair are as follows:
Indian –elastic, easy to style
Peruvian –thicker, durable, coarser
Brazilian –shiny, light, silky
Malaysian – heavier, silkier, softer
Virgin hair is extremely popular because it gives you the flexibility of bleaching, dyeing, cutting, processing, and treating the hair as your own.
Virgin Hair features:
- 100% human hair
- Premium quality
- Not Been Straightened, Curled, blow-dried, ironed, permed, etc
- Undamaged hair cuticles
- Come from one donor
- Not Been Chemically Treated – including dye, bleach or color
Let us summarize the key differences between raw hair and virgin hair:
- Although both are human extensions, raw hair is unaltered. Virgin hair, on the other hand, is steam processed for enhanced texture.
- Since raw hair doesn’t involve any chemical alterations or steam processing, it comes only in three textures- natural wave, curly and straight. Virgin hair, on the contrary, is available is many different textures such as kinky curly, deep wave, etc.
- There’s a difference between the way virgin hair and raw hair is maintained. Raw hair requires a lot of moisturizing and conditioning. There are specific products that can alter the look and feel of raw hair. Virgin hair, on the other hand, does not show any difference or alteration in its pattern, no matter what products you use on it.
- Raw hair tends to be more expensive than virgin hair.
- Raw hair might not be widely available. Virgin hair, on the contrary, is always available in abundance.
- Virgin hair comes in a variety of origins such as Brazilian, Peruvian, Mongolian, Malaysian, etc. whereas raw hair has only three origins- raw Indian hair raw Cambodian hair and raw Vietnamese hair.
One key thing to note is that all raw hair extensions are virgin hair but not all virgin hair makes for raw hair. When you have to choose between the two, always base your choice on preferences. When bought from reputed companies such as Knockout Virgin Hair, both these types will help enhance your beauty and turn you into a diva.