Hair extensions are artificial hair integrations that and length and/or fullness to your natural hair. They are usually clipped, glued or sewn on natural hair by incorporating additional natural or synthetic hair. They are a no-surgery solution to hair treatment. This is done through various methods such as clip on extension, tape in extension, fusion method, weaving and wigs.
Extensions do offer versatility to your hair. If you thought extensions are meant for length only, you are wrong. Here are some of the reasons why ladies use extensions for hair volume.
There are several ways in which volume can be added to your hair. Just to mention but a few;
- Wash using dry shampoos and conditioners.
- If you apply shampoo daily, lather once. Do not wrong them to avoid tangling. If you wrong, combing will be hard and may end up spoiling the extensions.
- Never use volumizing shampoos and conditioners for they are meant to thicken fine hair but not to turn already thick hair into big hair.
- Don’t rub when drying with a towel and dry it in open air. Do not use a blow-dryer on damp hair.
- You can put your hair in hot rollers. They make your hair shine and add volume too.
- Sleep in Velcro rollers overnight when going to bed and you’ll get the desired volume when you wake up.
Here are the reasons why you need to add volume to your hair;
- They offer you the freedom to use them for your individual problems for example to add length, volume or even for change of color. They boost your hair look and appears more natural as your natural hair.
- Hair extensions add beauty to your hair. You can style the extensions to have beautiful curls. You can use a curling wand, hair straightener or automatic curler to achieve the desired curls. This really helps a lot with blending. You can also comb them in your desired style.
- With hair extensions, you have the freedom to choose a variety of styling products. These products provide a grip for the extensions to hold on to. They also help with blending by keeping the hair and extensions from falling apart.
- You can choose to use a volumizing weft if your hair is quite thin. It provides an instant boost to the volume of the hair. Volumizing thick hair may be a little bit tricky because the natural hair itself is in full volume. Thin hair is mostly preferred for volumizing.
- Styling your hair upside down does increase its volume too. It may seem complicated. Place the clip in upside down against your roots as opposed to flat on the hairline like you normally do. That’s how you’ll get the desired volume. You can choose to blow dry your hair upside down too from bottom to top pushing it forward.
- You can also trim your hair to attain the good volume. Cut them to match your hair length. You can do it on your own but it is recommended that you can you get a stylist to ensure you get the desired results. A trimmed structural hair is short and dense unlike untrimmed long hair.
- Volumizing your hair boosts your roots and makes them stronger. Use root-boosting products. They provide structure and support for any lift you manually create near the roots. These root boosters must be done on damp hair before it dries.
- Having a volumized hair gives you additional confidence in your natural look. You can walk into that meeting, speech event, church function or even wedding with your head up high without having to feel any inferiority.
- Volumizing hair helps to save time. You don’t have to waste time in the morning trying to work on your thin hair. Neither do you waste time on frequent salon visits for retouch or proper installation.
- This really helps save on expenses spent on frequent salon visits. You can reduce them by working on your hair on your own. Volumized hair is easy to maintain.
- Thicker and fuller hair makes you stand out from the rest of the people in a crowd. You are easily identified from the rest with your appealing look.
- Using hair buns to add volume to your hair strengthens your natural hair. It also protects it from damages such as exposure to heat which may cause heat rashes, falling off due to frequent combs. It also protects your scalp from application of those harsh chemicals and, glues and adhesives.